Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ViralPatel212
Resolver I
Resolver I

Create a column that is NOT affected by Slicer

Hey everyone,

Hopefully i can explain it correctly. I am trying to create a measure or magic where if a slicer value is selected then the column should not be affected but should show a blank value next to the data.

I have created a sample file: Sample Data 

As you can see Dealer 4 is being shown in the table, however if in this example i choose Client 10 ( where Dealer 4 is not known) I would like the table to still show Dealer 4 and a blank value next to the Vol.(MM) and the ranking to continuing being 15.

ViralPatel212_0-1715261593377.png

Dealer 4 missing when Client 10 is selected: 

ViralPatel212_1-1715261639647.png

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ViralPatel212 ,

Please try below steps:

1. Create a Measure for Conditional Blank Values: You'll need to use the DAX IF function along with HASONEVALUE or ISFILTERED to check if the slicer has a specific selection and then return a blank value accordingly.

MeasureName = IF(
    ISFILTERED('Table'[ClientColumn]) && NOT(HASONEVALUE('Table'[ClientColumn])),
    BLANK(),
    [YourOriginalMeasure]
)

Replace 'Table'[ClientColumn] with the actual table and column names you're using for your slicer, and [YourOriginalMeasure] with the measure or column you want to conditionally display as blank.

2. Apply the Measure in Your Visual: Use this new measure in your visualizations instead of the original measure. When the slicer is applied, it will check the condition and return a blank value if the condition is met, otherwise, it will display the original measure's value.

3. Adjusting for Specific Slicer Values: If you need this behavior to apply only for specific slicer values (e.g., Client 10), you can refine the condition in the DAX formula to check for those specific values.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-binbinyu-msft 

I have tried that and it doesnt work - it still filters out dealer 4. I have attached a sample file Sample Data  if you could try?

ViralPatel212_0-1715327969561.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.