Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RohithGn
Helper I
Helper I

Create a column by comparing two columns in a merged table

Hi,

I have merged two tables table 1 & 2 to Table 1 and now I want to comapare two columns containing similar data and to display if both values are equal or not.

here is the sample Input and output - 

Capture.PNG

Could you please help me out on this.

Thanks,

Rohith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
radpir
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi,

not sure i'm getting your question right but if you need to get what's in the New Column here's the formula"

= if [C2PC Status] = [MSX Status]  then "In Sync" else "Out of Sync"

hope this helps,

radpir

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
radpir
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi,

not sure i'm getting your question right but if you need to get what's in the New Column here's the formula"

= if [C2PC Status] = [MSX Status]  then "In Sync" else "Out of Sync"

hope this helps,

radpir

Hey Radpir, Suppose if you want a more complex scenario where you have to compare two columns of your active workbook with two columns residing in many Excel files in a folder having the same structure, how would you pull the data then. I believe an "AND" operator would do the trick but I have not been able to figure it out so far. By the way, I am using Excel 2016 Power Query. I also believe that since Power Query and BI have many similarities, my question can be answered here.

Hey Radpir, Suppose if you want a more complex scenario where you have to compare two columns of your active workbook with two columns residing in many Excel files in a folder having the same structure, how would you pull the data then. I believe an "AND" operator would do the trick but I have not been able to figure it out so far. By the way, I am using Excel 2016 Power Query. I also believe that since Power Query and BI have many similarities, my question can be answered here.

Just what i needed Thanks a ton Radpir!

Regards,

Rohith

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.