Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dd88
Resolver I
Resolver I

Create My Custom Add/Get more Visuals and always be available in PowerBI desktop app

Create My Custom Favourites Add/Get more Visuals and always be available in PowerBI desktop app.

In a powerbi report, if I add Get more Visuals, are the visuals available only for the particular report.

I thought I was adding/ Get more visuals into PowerBi as a 'template' to be available for all new created powerbi reports.

Is there a way to Add/Get more visuals and setup as a template, or as My Custom Favourites to always be available in PowerBI desktop app.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dd88 , I think, If you create a template file and everyone in the team uses that file when they start new development, then custom  visual should be part of that

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-templates

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dd88
Resolver I
Resolver I

thank you, yes all good @Ritaf1983  @amitchandak 

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @dd88 

I apologize for the confusion, but for some reason pinning to the visuals menu worked for me once and then stopped.

Therefore, you simply need to save the file as a template with the PBIP extension after adding the desired visuals. Then, when you upload it, all the visuals will be inside. When there is a report, you can save the report with the regular extension and simply start by inserting the template into each new report.

Snapshot for saving template :

Ritaf1983_0-1715575010468.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dd88 , I think, If you create a template file and everyone in the team uses that file when they start new development, then custom  visual should be part of that

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-templates

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.