Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marisarita93
Regular Visitor

Count data

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to power BI. I have a question how to count rows that have condition. 

For example I have a table with:

First Name        Stage 1        Stage 2      Stage 3        Stage 4       Stage 5    Stage 6

abcs                    Y                   Y                    Y                 N              N             N

def                        n        No specified             Y              Y                 Y             Y

yui                         Y                 N                  N           No Specified      N          Y

sdewe          No Specified        Y                     N                  Y                  N        Y

I want to calculate each stage that has total number of Y and total number of N. 

Is there any ways that combine all stages to visualize in one graph? Looks like this picture 

See the source image
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Barnee
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi @marisarita93,

If you have quite the same original table as your sample one (and if I understood your problem) I would suggest to do the following:

1.) Go to the Query Editor (Home - Edit Queries) - a new window will pop-up
eq.PNG

2) Select all the stages in your table and click the Unpivot columns option.

unpivot.PNG

3) In the next step you can rename your columns as Stages and Status, then hit Home - Close and apply. 

stages.PNG

4) Now you can count the number of different statuses of the stages and create the visual:

visual.PNG

The Query Editor is a pretty useful tool to make transformations and prepear your datasources I suggest you to dive into it 🙂

I hope I could help!

Bests,

Barna

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Barnee
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi @marisarita93,

If you have quite the same original table as your sample one (and if I understood your problem) I would suggest to do the following:

1.) Go to the Query Editor (Home - Edit Queries) - a new window will pop-up
eq.PNG

2) Select all the stages in your table and click the Unpivot columns option.

unpivot.PNG

3) In the next step you can rename your columns as Stages and Status, then hit Home - Close and apply. 

stages.PNG

4) Now you can count the number of different statuses of the stages and create the visual:

visual.PNG

The Query Editor is a pretty useful tool to make transformations and prepear your datasources I suggest you to dive into it 🙂

I hope I could help!

Bests,

Barna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.