Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VD209
Regular Visitor

Could not load data for visual

I am trying to upload certain files 

1. raw.githubusercontent.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19/master/csse_covid_19_data/csse_covid_19_time_seri...

2. raw.githubusercontent.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19/master/csse_covid_19_data/csse_covid_19_time_seri...

3. raw.githubusercontent.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19/master/csse_covid_19_data/csse_covid_19_time_serie...

I am a beginner at powerbi and i took this power bi from edX offered by davidson college from where i got these exercise files for practice.

Now i took these links into my bi desktop and perform certain transformations and queries which are

1. Unpivoting the columns to form a date and value column 

2. merging these tables to form one table 

3. un enableing the two unneccessery tables 

After these i try uploading it by hitting close and apply but i am getting very very huge Number of rows in million and millions and it is taking hours and hours and still not loading.

here are few ss of the problem.This is the problem after an hourThis is the problem after an hourthis is second attemptthis is second attemptthis is when i tried doing it with excelthis is when i tried doing it with excel

Ps;- I have corrected date  column within My country format and stop include report refresh and still getting this.

Kindly Help with soultions

Thank you in Advance.

4 REPLIES 4
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hello,

Did you use merge or joining tables using keys instead of appending them to one another? I tested this in Excel myself and the tables loaded around 900k rows only.  Attached is the Excel file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

well, i merged the queries on country column when i tried appending them its giving null values as there is different columns and also the file u attched is not loading may be due to protected view.

thanx For taking out time to reply and help🙏

some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @VD209 based on my experience Excel in not appropriate tool when you have millions of rows. To conform this in your case, backup your data source and data model files, delete data source rows to just few. This is also reason to go to Power BI.

In addition, before import data think why would somebody need so many millions of rows, meaning think how to aggregate it somehow and then import lower number or rows.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Well I am trying to Figure that out as i am in beginner stages of learning powwr bi it is just that seeing so many rows got me overwhelmed.

But I'll trying aggregating it into a smaller dataset.

Thank U for taking some time to reply on this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.