Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rediano
Frequent Visitor

Copy text from Text box on published reports

Is there a way to make possible for end users to copy and paste text out of text boxes on published reports?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rediano ,

You can't copy paste only the text but you can copy paste the entire visual(in your case text box) from one page to another in Power BI service(you need edit permissions in the service for achieving this).

If this helps you then please mark it as a solution and hit the thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Daniel_PBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi @rediano,

posting this here to help others with the same issue. To my knowledge copy-pasting from a text box is not possible in the PBI service. Anway the following is a workaround: You may can use a table and insert a meassure to display the text you want. [Header color of the table needs to set to the same as background color etc ] (In my case the content inside the textbox was a concatenation from different rows, using a table now allows the user to copy paste).Greenshot 2023-10-16 10.20.36.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_PBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi @rediano,

posting this here to help others with the same issue. To my knowledge copy-pasting from a text box is not possible in the PBI service. Anway the following is a workaround: You may can use a table and insert a meassure to display the text you want. [Header color of the table needs to set to the same as background color etc ] (In my case the content inside the textbox was a concatenation from different rows, using a table now allows the user to copy paste).Greenshot 2023-10-16 10.20.36.png

joaozao

Only using Microsoft Edge. You may use the keys combination (Ctrl+Shift+X). Now you select the area you want to copy and it's done. To another browser, you have to use some plugin for that.

rediano
Frequent Visitor

Hi @truptis, thank for your reply.

I was looking for more of a solution where end users would be able to copy the text in order to include it in their emails. Unfortunately I see this is not possible.

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rediano ,

You can't copy paste only the text but you can copy paste the entire visual(in your case text box) from one page to another in Power BI service(you need edit permissions in the service for achieving this).

If this helps you then please mark it as a solution and hit the thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.