Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashnaanil
Employee
Employee

Copy Table from the Table View is not working

I frequently use the "Copy Table" feature and copy the raw data from PowerBI to Excel, but since yesterday when I right click and select copy table nothing is being copied. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @all

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to enable the option to export data from a visual. I have an array and it comes out: "The Export Data function is not available for this visual", I hope for your help.

v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @all

In the new PowerBI Desktop version released on March 29th, the copy table feature is available.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

Where can we find it  - relase March 2024 (March 29.)

FH_MEL
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

While we wait for a resolution, you can download previous versions of PowerBI here: 

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

*Note: The Feb 2024 update is mistakenly labeled as December 2023.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

EMP
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue here... 

regazze1
Frequent Visitor

Hi, same situation here, definitely it's not working anymore this feature on version 2.127.1080.0 64-bit (March 2024) 😔 I hope they fix it asap

v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @all

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

@v-jialongy-msft, Hoping for a resolution to the full "copy table" function will be available soon. There seems to be a limited workaround, but unfortunately, it does not completely remedy the issue.  Thank you in advance!

Hi, 

The Copy Table option is not working in table view.

alternatly you can copy the table.

go to the new dax query view in the new updated version, just below the model view.

Pavithra_286_0-1711609519958.png

there write a small query "evaluate(table_name) and run.

the mentioned table will populate and there will be a copy icon, where you can copy the whole table and paste in excel or where ever you work on.

Pavithra_286_1-1711609614935.png

if it works, accept it as solution.

Thank you!

gvlado_0-1712091221002.png

@Pavithra_286 How can I remove the limit of 15MB or 10,101 rows and change the format of the column headings? Thank you in advance!

How do you increase the Limit of Max 15Mb or 100,000 values what ever come first.

UW-DA
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. Yesterday I was able to copy a table with no issues and I know yesterday I had February 2024 version. Today I am unable to copy a table and I'm on the March 2024 version. Version: 2.127.1080.0 64-bit (March 2024)

Luli_Guzman
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue with copying tables from Power BI to Excel (version of Power BI: March 2024

v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ashnaanil 

The version I am using now 2.126.927.0 64-bit (February 2024) works fine, if you can, please provide the version number you are using or update to the latest version.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Version: 2.127.1080.0 64-bit (March 2024), I think is the latest?

Does not work "copy table", unable to copy several million rows

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.