Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

manoj_0911
Helper IV
Helper IV

Converting Detailed Tableau Report to Power BI Paginated Report (Date Slicing, Metrics, Durations)

Hi everyone,

I'm working on creating a summary and detailed report in Power BI. The summary report is working well, but my manager needs the detailed report to be a paginated report for better formatting and distribution.

I've been given a task to convert an existing detailed report built in Tableau to Power BI. This report includes the following functionalities:

* Date Slicing: Users should be able to choose the level of detail for the date (day, month, hour, sub-hour).
* Filters: Users can filter by interaction type, media type, queue name, and participant type.
* Metrics and Durations: The report displays various IVR metrics alongside their corresponding durations (in seconds). Durations need to be formatted as HH:MM:SS for readability.

My question:

Can I achieve this level of detail and interactivity using Power BI Report Builder? If so, could you please point me towards some resources or best practices for:

* Building paginated reports with date slicers in Power BI Report Builder.
* Formatting durations in seconds as HH:MM:SS.
* Integrating user filters for interaction type, media type, queue name, and participant type.

I've attached the original Tableau report for reference.

manoj_0911_0-1712850994345.png

30+ columns in total

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User
1 REPLY 1
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.