Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Andmi
Frequent Visitor

Convert value from different currencies

Hi all,

I have an opportunity table with all the deals in different currencies where and in it a column called currencyisocode with the values of the currency of that line (EUR, USD, NZD....), I also have another table with the current exchange rates:

currencies.PNGThe problem is that I have end start dates for currencies and I need to use the one refering to that year. For example, this year I need to use the ones with startdate 01-01-2019.

How can I link the two measures and have all the values in the opportunity table converted when I do reports? How can I use the slicer then to change the currency?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andmi ,

You can add condition to compare year part of startdate and current date and iso type.

For exmaple:

measure =
VAR currdate =
    MAX ( opportunity[date] )
VAR currtype =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( opportunity[Type] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        MAX ( Table[Conversionrate] ),
        FILTER (
            ALLSELECTED ( Table ),
            YEAR ( [Startdate] ) = YEAR ( currdate )
                && [isocode] = currtype
        )
    )

If above not help, please share some sample data for test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft  Thank you for your reply, but I need something a bit different:

I have the table "xyz_datedconversionrate"s with the conversion rates, updated once or twice a year. I want to use only the active ones.

As you can see in the image above the column names are:

• isocode : The currency code
  • startdate : When the start date is 2019 is an active one
  • conversionrate: The conversion rate, DKK is 1.

I have another table called "xyz_opportunities" where I have different close dates for opportunities. And each opportunity has a value for weighted MRR in its own currency (EUR, DKK, USD, NOK....).

Here the column names are:

• currencyisocode: The opportunity's currency
  • weighted_mrr_c : the value of the weighted mrr
  • close_date : the date when the opportunity is closed, alternatively I could use a field called "fiscalyear" that cointains only the year

I would like to be able in all my report components to show the weighted MRR values converted in DKK (it is the default currency with 1 in the conversion rate table).

Hi @Andmi ,

According to your discretion, you stored fiscal date in your opportunities table. Conversion table stored currencies value based on calendar date, I can't direct use fiscal to calculate with dax formula.

Can you please share a part of sample data for these tables and the fiscal calendar logic?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.