Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert from week number to month number

Hello,

I have table with week number. How to convert it into month number? For example if I have in table week 2 then it should show month 1 ( as week 2 is in January). I tried hard, but I cant not find any solution.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no date column in table. I have only 2 time columns: 1 with week number and second with year

Can you share your table? Just copy paste it here or add a link to one drive / gdrive

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous do you have the actual dates in your table?
Can you share your current table sample here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is sample: I have w number + year. I would like to obtain column with month number and month name basing on existing week number. Ofc. there are only other weeks inside, not only w30.

Capture.JPG

@Anonymous the thing is that weeks and months overlap..
A specific week can be part of two different months. So you can't do 1:1 to gregorian months. What is the logic you want to apply to that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

just 52 weeks divide per 12 minths. So it will be 4.33 week per month.

I also tried to gather time data into powerbi source. I extracted data from sql into sharepoint and I have additional column in csv file with exact time data. But when I refresh powerbi I dont see new column with time (I see only old columns). Is thi any way to make new column visible in PBI  while connect powerbi with csv file with 1 additional column ? 

Sure.

Not sure why you don't see it. Need to look at it. Do you want to do zoom ot teams?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If possible - sure

Cool, ready now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes. can you give me details?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My zoom is installung. Please wait 3-5 mins if you could

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.