Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert from week number to month number

Hello,

I have table with week number. How to convert it into month number? For example if I have in table week 2 then it should show month 1 ( as week 2 is in January). I tried hard, but I cant not find any solution.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no date column in table. I have only 2 time columns: 1 with week number and second with year

Can you share your table? Just copy paste it here or add a link to one drive / gdrive

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous do you have the actual dates in your table?
Can you share your current table sample here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is sample: I have w number + year. I would like to obtain column with month number and month name basing on existing week number. Ofc. there are only other weeks inside, not only w30.

Capture.JPG

@Anonymous the thing is that weeks and months overlap..
A specific week can be part of two different months. So you can't do 1:1 to gregorian months. What is the logic you want to apply to that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

just 52 weeks divide per 12 minths. So it will be 4.33 week per month.

I also tried to gather time data into powerbi source. I extracted data from sql into sharepoint and I have additional column in csv file with exact time data. But when I refresh powerbi I dont see new column with time (I see only old columns). Is thi any way to make new column visible in PBI  while connect powerbi with csv file with 1 additional column ? 

Sure.

Not sure why you don't see it. Need to look at it. Do you want to do zoom ot teams?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If possible - sure

Cool, ready now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes. can you give me details?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My zoom is installung. Please wait 3-5 mins if you could

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.