Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

paul-brumby

Constrain Objects to Move Vertical or Horizontal by Pressing a Key while Moving

Hi All,

I remember from years ago, being shown that by pressing Shift while moving an object within Excel, it constrains the visual to only move in a X or Y movement, which was sometimes really useful.

Its a Feature which I've often thought would be very useful in Power BI Desktop, as I often find trying to maintain Pixel alignment for minor adjustments  often moves from the X or Y required postion.

Could this be considered for Power BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, I don't know of any buttons we can press to do that. But you can use the Arrow keys to move things around pixel by pixel, (and holding Shift + arrows moves things a little faster). Something that I have noticed with using the arrow keys is that sometimes it will change the size of the visual by 1 pixel, which I think is some kind of bug...

Or you can type in the exact co-ordinates you want for your visuals by selecting it, going to format Visual > General > Properties > Position 

vicky__0-1714517480318.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, I don't know of any buttons we can press to do that. But you can use the Arrow keys to move things around pixel by pixel, (and holding Shift + arrows moves things a little faster). Something that I have noticed with using the arrow keys is that sometimes it will change the size of the visual by 1 pixel, which I think is some kind of bug...

Or you can type in the exact co-ordinates you want for your visuals by selecting it, going to format Visual > General > Properties > Position 

vicky__0-1714517480318.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.