Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dmace
Frequent Visitor

Consolidate rows into one row using RANK()

I am trying to use partitions to consolidate the rows in my table into one row. 

The data is for candidates who have been referred by multiple people (up to 4). A candidate can have multiple rows containing data as such (there are more columns, however they aren't relevant to this question as they will be the same in all that candidates rows):

dmace_0-1687799996558.png
As you can see I am able to succesfully rank the rows by using a table function and RANK(). I wish for the data to look like:

dmace_1-1687800101788.png

Then I can remove the additional rows by filtering to only show Rank 1. I have successfully accomplished this task in Workday's PRISM, however due to the restrictions PRISM has on refreshes I wish to do this in PowerBI to ensure the data is up-to-date in real time. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dmace
Frequent Visitor

5 REPLIES 5
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@dmace 

HAve you tried Calculate Function? 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

dmace
Frequent Visitor

I have but was unable to get it to work, could you give me any tips on how to use Calculate to accomplish this?

@dmace 

Calculate (Average(column), filter(table name, rankcolumn = 1)), try this

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

dmace
Frequent Visitor

The values are text so I don't believe Average will work.

dmace
Frequent Visitor

dmace_0-1687868695108.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.