Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Emranit
Regular Visitor

Connection establishment error from Client PC(Power BI PC) to SQL server PC. Network status ok them

I'm trying to connect power BI pc to sql server database. But connection not establish. Network status ok from Power BI pc to sql server PC. Showing attached image. Anybody help me in this regard.I'm trying to connect power BI pc to sql server database. But connection not establish. Network status ok from Power BI pc to sql server PC. Showing attached image. Anybody help me in this regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tharunkumarRTK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Emranit 

Are you able to connect from SQL Server Management Studio? Error message indicates its a impersonisation issue, Please check whether you have enough permissions to access the db.

If the post helps please give a thumbs up

If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tharun

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Emranit
Regular Visitor

Connection establishment error from Client PC(Power BI PC) to SQL server PC. Network status ok them. Please see the video & image.

Emranit
Regular Visitor
Emranit
Regular Visitor

Yes it is working

v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Emranit ,

Thanks for @tharunkumarRTK  reply, as he says, if you can connect successfully in SSMS then the problem may be coming from within the pbix file, due to an automatic change applied in the report data source settings.

Clear all permissions for the data sources with this problem (some of which have "Windows" credentials and "Organization" privacy level). Then, set the Credentials to Windows again, and set the Current User Authentication and Privacy Level to None, with all credentials encrypted.

Below is the post will help you:

Error connecting Excel or PowerBI to SQL Server (System.EnterpriseServices) - Microsoft Q&A

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

tharunkumarRTK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Emranit 

Are you able to connect from SQL Server Management Studio? Error message indicates its a impersonisation issue, Please check whether you have enough permissions to access the db.

If the post helps please give a thumbs up

If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tharun

03.jpg

In my DB user picture access granted. Is it sufficient to connect from power BI to sql PC.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.