Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

khalidsk
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to Exchange Server from PBI Desktop

Hi,

What is required to connect to exchange server from power bi desktop. We are able to see top level titles such as Mail, Calendar, Tasks, People. But when selecting any of this is giving below message.

DataSource.Error: ErrorConnectionFailed: Connection did not succeed. Try again later.

Trying to find out where could be the problem.

Is there any setting on AD account required to be enabled for having this to work? 

Please advice.

Regards,

Khalid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We found the solution.

You need to enter UPN even though it is shown as optional on account dialog box.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@khalidsk,

Did you connect to a on premise Exchange server or Exchange online?

I have tested it on my local environment, and use a Microsoft account we can get the data into Power BI desktop.
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hello Charlie,

Yes, I am connecting to on-premise exchange server with my exchange mailbox email account. Our requirement is to access a shared calendar within Organization and show it as a Power BI report.

I do not currently have a Microsoft account to test it. But having Microsoft account will not be helpful. Any other suggestions please..

Regards,

Khalid

We found the solution.

You need to enter UPN even though it is shown as optional on account dialog box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.