Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpc_development
Helper III
Helper III

Connecting Power BI to Google Sheets via API

Hello. Has anyone had success connecting Power BI to a Google Sheets document using API, and not using a public link?

I have set up Google APIs in the past, but relied on the Google Client Library to access the data.

I am not sure how to manually call the API without showing the login screen, as I guess that'd be required by Power BI.

I am using Postman to test the API calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpc_development ,

According to your description, the detailed steps of ConnectPower BI to Google Sheets via API can refer to the following documents.

API Quickstart  |  Google Analytics Data API  |  Google Developers

But the API may change in a way that affects the results of the queries. In some cases, certain queries may no longer be supported. Due to this dependency we cannot guarantee the results of your queries when using this connector.

I think Using the Google Analytics connector is a good choice. This can be done using the following steps:

vhenrykmstf_0-1629083023529.png

For more details, read related document link:

Connect Google Analytics To Power BI: Easy Step-By-Step Guide - Learn | Hevo (hevodata.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ReportGuru
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, in this case you mean pull data from Google  Sheets as data source to PBI? As a workaround, you can pull your Sheet data to PBI using a 3rd party connector. I currently use Windsor.ai's connector and I haven't had any issue so far. In case you wonder, to make the connection first you have to find you spreadsheet ID, which you can find in your Sheet URL according to the instructions. Then share your sheet with the email that appears here:

GSHEET-1.png

Then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Sheet fields:

GSHEET-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpc_development ,

According to your description, the detailed steps of ConnectPower BI to Google Sheets via API can refer to the following documents.

API Quickstart  |  Google Analytics Data API  |  Google Developers

But the API may change in a way that affects the results of the queries. In some cases, certain queries may no longer be supported. Due to this dependency we cannot guarantee the results of your queries when using this connector.

I think Using the Google Analytics connector is a good choice. This can be done using the following steps:

vhenrykmstf_0-1629083023529.png

For more details, read related document link:

Connect Google Analytics To Power BI: Easy Step-By-Step Guide - Learn | Hevo (hevodata.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.