Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatying on a row

Hi experts

Is it possible to conditional format row headers or each row different colours within a standard table with in power bi.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Rows can be coloured with the std conditional formatting, but you have to format each of the columns.

I usually have a colour field that can then be referenced in the Conditional Formatting format by field value.

e.g. You can use names or colour numbers

MaxValue1Col = SWITCH( max(Table1[Column1]), 1,"Green",2,"Red", "LightBlue")

Headers not with a std table. I think they are working on dynamic format expression that could help in future versions.

However you can fake it with 2 tables.

Edit Data to add a new table of the headers. You can the make a table from these and conditional format them

Make the header font the same colour as the background and overlay the header table above the other table.

table1.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Rows can be coloured with the std conditional formatting, but you have to format each of the columns.

I usually have a colour field that can then be referenced in the Conditional Formatting format by field value.

e.g. You can use names or colour numbers

MaxValue1Col = SWITCH( max(Table1[Column1]), 1,"Green",2,"Red", "LightBlue")

Headers not with a std table. I think they are working on dynamic format expression that could help in future versions.

However you can fake it with 2 tables.

Edit Data to add a new table of the headers. You can the make a table from these and conditional format them

Make the header font the same colour as the background and overlay the header table above the other table.

table1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the excellent feedback much appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.