Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Archie-gh
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting

Hi 

I have a risk table in my report, which it has conditional fomratting of background color, like this

Archiegh_0-1639010340588.png

when I use a filter to show some specific project in the table, some of colors will be removed, like this 

Archiegh_1-1639010416881.png

I need to have the colors being in the table permanently and and just icon moves or being filtered.  

how can I use the filter without impact on conditional formatting? 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Archie-gh ,

I think a sample will make it easier for us to find the reason caused your problem. Could you share a sample file without sensitive data with us?

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Archie-gh , seem like you have used an option like show item with no data, that is why blank values are shown.

Conditional formatting does not work with blank values. You have to use +0 in a project to make sure nonblank values. Color them same as background so they are not displayed 

No it is not blank 
I have an order iD column (1 to 5) and it is being shown based on the numbers. if you see the first image I setn, first raw is empty but conditional formatting is working 
to explain the conditional formatting 
columns very low has number 1 to 5 and next columns are same and then I choos different colour for each column 
but when I choose filter, some of colors will be deleted 

@Archie-gh , can you share your conditional formatting measure

Hi, I have a screenshot one of columns 

Archiegh_0-1639530396810.png

For your information, OrderID includes 1 to 5 only. 
please let me know what else info you need 

Hi @Archie-gh ,

From your screenshot, I think you set color by OrderID. However I could only see Yellow and Green in this conditonal formatting. In your first screenshot I know you have orange and red color as well. I couldn't find them in this screenshot.

And I am confused about your data model.  Does your table contains three columns, Risk Rating(Almost Certain, Likely...) ,Degree(Low, High...) and OrderID.

Could you share a sample file without sensitive data with us? And show us a screenshot of the result you want.

This will make it easier for us to solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.