Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting for the page navigation of a button

I am building a workload overview report for a group of teachers. The data shows that the majority of teachers are only doing teaching activities. However, there are other teachers who take up on other projects that do not belong to teaching. My goal here is to make two different pages that either show less information concerning only teaching activities and a more detailed page that shows also the other projects. 

I am also using row-level security so that teachers will be only able to see data that is associated with their username. However, the trouble is that I want to create a condition that will lead a teacher to the appropriate page that they need to see either only teaching activities or full detail. The reason for this is that the second page has too much information that is not usefull for teachers who do not do extra projects. I tried using a "transition page" that asks them the question whether they have other projects aside from teaching, but user testing has proven that teachers find this very confusing and hard to understand. 

Therefore my question now is, how can I set a conditional formatting for the page navigation of a button that it will filter the data whether a teacher has any other roles or just teaching, and it then will lead them to the correct page - either only teaching overview or full detail. I am sure that my data can be manipulated to fit this condition, however I cannot find the practical solution.

Are there any suggestions on how I can solve this problem? 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

It is unsupported to set a conditional formatting for the page navigation of a button in Power BI currently. I'd like to suggest you post a new idea in Idea Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI for making this feature coming sooner.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.