cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamhafsa Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting by row in matrix

I want to color individual rows differently based on the row header in matrix (It's not alternating rows). Is that possible in Power BI?

Also, I need to format cells based on their value. Eg: If a cell's value is -500, I would like to display it as (500) in red color, i.e., I want to show the negative values in bracket with their minus sign dropped and in red color.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
BeemsC Member

Re: Conditional formatting by row in matrix

Besides Font color scales for all rows, i dont think its possible to color each indivudual row.
I think this solution also help for your second problem.
give a minus (optional neutral) and max and choose colors.
The data will change accordingly.

It's under conditional formatting -> Font color scales -> (Advanced controls)

iamhafsa Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @BeemsC!

I hope that Power BI includes this functionality soon.

caspero5 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How you can even work in this software? How you can release such a pre-alpha to people... I will definitely go back to SSRS and will encourage the company to drop that software before it is too late. You cannot pass the parameters from the slicers located at other pages. You cannot change colour of certain rows. Sorry to say that but Microsoft it is kind of joke which think that clients are your testers...
caspero5 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Please all discourage your companies to use this software. Microsoft thinks that people are the beta testers of their applications. You cannot change the colour of certain rows. You cannot pass the slicer parameters from other pages. This is one big joke. You waste time of your clients in order to save on real beta testers. Sorry to say that but I am coming back to SSRS which at least is stable and you can everything you want.
jonasarnout Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Don't know when it was introduced, but now it is possible to pass parameters and slicers between pages...