Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

omega2008

Conditional Formatting of percentages on Card

Hello,

I have a Card setup with conditional formatting for percentage. Show green if value is greater than 0 but less than or equal to 8% (0.08), show red if value is greater than 8% and greater than 1 (100%). However its not doing that. As you can see, the value is 6.03% and is showing red. Any ideas? 

omega2008_0-1671218758375.png

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using 8 and 100 instead of 0.08 and 1.

That did not work. You would think it would but it doesn't. I see a drop down that says Number but its greyed out, I have seen in other examples (maybe not conditional formatting for a card) that those drop downs are not grey and you can choose percentage. But thats not available to me. 

omega2008_0-1671460233820.png

SanKing
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @omega2008 ,
Have you tried changing the order? Start with the red font rule?

No that won't work, when you do that when it breaches the other rule, the color is incorrect. It basically just flips the logic. If I increase the value past 8% it still stays green, when it should be red per the logic of the conditional statement. 

grandtotal
Resolver III
Resolver III

I think you use a column instead of a measure in the card but I need more info of your model, espacially filter context.

Now in the condition you make an average of average values which cuold be misleading.

OR you can try Min/Max as Summarization depending on your model and filter context.

I have noticed that in some screenshots of conditional formatting for cards, there is no Summerization available, how do I set my card up like that?

omega2008_0-1671451235768.png

Hi There,

I am using a column, not a measure. The column has no filtering its a percentage (decimal formatted as such). Really I wish I did not have to choose a Summarization. All I want it to do is highlight the value based on the established thresholds, I don't need to sumerize it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.