Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nzcatala
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting not matching between Desktop and Web Service

Hello everyone,

Hopefully a quick solution, but I haven't been able to find much on the topic.

Basically, as the title implies, I've built out some conditional formatting rules within my PowerBI report.  It's fairly simple, if a metric beat the target, it's green, otherwise, it's red.  

Everything looks great in the Desktop version of the report, but after the first refresh in the webservice all of my Percentage based metrics flip to the wrong color.  On the desktop they'll show green because the beat the target, but on the web it'll show red.  No data has changed, I've tried refreshing multiple times to fix, it looks fine in the Desktop version, and it's only the percentage metrics.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the response!

I actually did just as you recommended yesterday evening and I did notice that the field that I was using to determine the conditional formatting was having different results on the PowerBI service.

Basically the issue I identified was I was using information from a Yes/No field in a SharePoint list to determine some of the information for the conditional formatting, but I didn't format the field as a True/False column, I left it as the default "any" column type.  Then, when the data came into the report I wrote formulas that would look something like = "TRUE" or "FALSE" to determine the conditional formatting.  Once this was put into the web service, and I'm not sure exactly why, all the "TRUE" and "FALSE" values in the columns turned into 0s and -1s so then the IF = "TRUE" statements would no longer work.  After changing the field to True/False and fixing the formulas everything worked like a charm.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nzcatala 

Have you  checked the data formatting of the percentage field?

If you are the owner of the report, it is recommended to  edit the conditional formatting of the report again on the PowerBI Service and check if there are any errors.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thanks for the response!

I actually did just as you recommended yesterday evening and I did notice that the field that I was using to determine the conditional formatting was having different results on the PowerBI service.

Basically the issue I identified was I was using information from a Yes/No field in a SharePoint list to determine some of the information for the conditional formatting, but I didn't format the field as a True/False column, I left it as the default "any" column type.  Then, when the data came into the report I wrote formulas that would look something like = "TRUE" or "FALSE" to determine the conditional formatting.  Once this was put into the web service, and I'm not sure exactly why, all the "TRUE" and "FALSE" values in the columns turned into 0s and -1s so then the IF = "TRUE" statements would no longer work.  After changing the field to True/False and fixing the formulas everything worked like a charm.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.