Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hgmc
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting Pie Graph

I have 40 odd pie graphs in a report which I need setup and sync conditional formatting for but I can't get this to work.

The problem is, the data values will change for the pie graphs as I change the employee from my Slicer on Pg1.

i.e. Employee 1 may have answers of A B C to show on the graph, and I set the colours I want for them correctly, but when I change to Employee 2, the same graph might need to show A B D - in this case, the graph wont know what colour to assign to value D or it even forgets what colour to assign to A or B. I've spent so much time on this.

Thing is, I have an old report from an ex employee where they have set this exact thing up to work but looking through their report I cant see how they have done it, I've tried to mimick everything they have done but I cant get it to work.

Any insight much appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @hgmc ,

In this case you need to force the colours you need for each category, what you need to do is to do the pie chart without having any filter on the answers and then go to the colors and for each of the options A, B, ... select the color you need.

If the color that is presented is the one you need from your theme, even them click on that specific color that way when you start to filter by employee the colours will be assumed.

If you don't select the colours speciffically and let the theme to be automatic then the color will change.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

hgmc
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, that did work but found I had to repeat the setup for every individual pie graph which seems to be a Power Bi limitation? Even if I copy and paste the first pie graph that was setup correctly, it forgets the colour legends I set as soon as I set the Values to the next survey question/data column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.