Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

StuartSmith
Power Participant
Power Participant

Conditional Formatting Map Bubbles Colour

I have a table with an office status column with values of either "Open", "Closed" & "Pending".  I then have a map visual showing all the offies and would like to do a conditional format on the map bubbles, so that if the office is "Open" the map bubble is green, red if closed and so on.  I have tried looking at the conditional formatting for the default colour of the bubbles of the map visuale, but cant figure out how to get it working, or even if its possible.    Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Put Status column in the Legend. You can then control the colors in the formatting pane.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StuartSmith ,

In the map visual, you can set the office status as Legend, then change Data colors in Format pane. But it cannot be called Conditional Format. In current version of power bi desktop, Conditional Format is mainly used in the table visual. If we want to change the data colors in most visuals, we can just use the theme color or use custom color pane instead of Conditional Format.

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Put Status column in the Legend. You can then control the colors in the formatting pane.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks @Greg_Deckler I had a similar issue to show different color bubbles for the numeric value (1,2,...5) of a field! Just using the field as the 'Legend' & assigning the colors did the magic! I also have a slicer to select what values to show on the map (helps when there are lots of bubbles)! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.