Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lamysroe
Advocate I
Advocate I

Conditional Formatting Filter for Isfiltered but IGNORING page filter

Hello - I am using the Isfiltered expression with a box behind my slicer and conditional formatting to highlight the slicer when it is filtered. I am looking to further advance this by ignoring any page filters for the highlighting rule. For instance, I want a Status slicer to change colors when filtered, however, if I add a page filter to remove any status of 'complete' I still want the slicer to show as white until a filter is selected at the slicer level. 

4 REPLIES 4
huguestremblay
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, trying to do exactly the same... Did you find a solution?

@huguestremblay I did not. I chose not to use background colors if I had a page filter. 

lamysroe
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-eqin-msft Thanks for the suggesting. Unfortunatley, It's not a great solution under these circumstances. I have several reports across pages and the slicers being synced are a requirement. 

Do you know of any DAX whith something similer to If(isfilterered(table column) || filter <> "the value in the slicer I want to ignore".....

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lamysroe ,

Since the page-level filter works for every visuals that are created by the related tables.

You may try to create a new table, which has no relationship with the original table.

Eyelyn9_1-1644803817127.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.