Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CMSINFO
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting Colour on Pie or Donut

Hi,

I need to have a pie or donut with certain colours depending on the value, as far as I understand this is a conditional formatting but I only find conditional formatting option in the values of Table and Matrix.  Can someone clarify please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @CMSINFO ,

Conditional formatting is not available for all visual, in donuts charts this is not possible.

On the other visuals where tihs is available you have to go to the options data colours and then select advanced controls, and you get the same window as in the matrix and table visuals.

Visuals with conditional formatting:

• All bar and columns charts
  • Scatter Chart
  • Treemap
  • Funnel
  • Table
  • Matrix

Regards,

MFelix

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @CMSINFO ,

Conditional formatting is not available for all visual, in donuts charts this is not possible.

On the other visuals where tihs is available you have to go to the options data colours and then select advanced controls, and you get the same window as in the matrix and table visuals.

Visuals with conditional formatting:

• All bar and columns charts
  • Scatter Chart
  • Treemap
  • Funnel
  • Table
  • Matrix

Regards,

MFelix

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Many thanks @MFelix it clarified! I have an addtional question please.

The data that will determine the colour of the say column chart with the conditional formatting will come from different lines of a linked table....depending on the line of the table selected the column chart will change the colours accordingly but the conditions of colours for each line is different...this means I will need to set different parameters for each line selected to avoid creating one column chart with the conditional formatting for each line of the table....so, in a nut shell, the question is, how can I set different conditional formatting parameters in the same chart, depending on which line the linked table is selected?

Hi @CMSINFO ,

Check the documentation on conditional formatting especcialy the last part Color formatting by field value.

If you need any addtional help please share some data and expected result.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.