Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jafrick100
Regular Visitor

Conditional Flag called "Status" in "Corporate Spend sample for Power BI"

In the "Corporate Spend sample for Power BI" rom Microsoft, in the Flag table, there is a group called "Actual/Plan" that has three measures:

• Value
  • Goal
  • Status

How were these built?  Or are these measures or something else?  How can I see their definitions?

When I click on them, I do not see any Measure definition, DAX.

Thanks for any replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jafrick100 ,

It is not directly viewable on Power BI Desktop, you can use an external tool, Tabular Editor, to view it.

vtangjiemsft_0-1698138558679.png

vtangjiemsft_1-1698138656000.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jafrick100 ,

After import into Power BI, your KPI will appear in the Fields pane, marked with the icon. To use a KPI in your report, be sure to expand its contents, exposing the Value, Goal, and Status fields.

Please refer to the following document for more information.

Import and display KPIs in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this posthelps, then please considerAccept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Neeko,

Thanks for post.  We are already able to open the pbix and see the measures for Value, Goal, and Status.

My initial post was that we can not see any details about the measures, no definitions or anything.  I look in the model and in the data files themselves.  I could find nothing.

Plus, if you look at the screenshot I did, these three are under ACtual/Plan.  This is not a Display folder, I don't think.  Plus it has the broken arrow symbol to the left of it.  What does that symbol mean.

Thanks again for posting,

James

Hi @jafrick100 ,

This arrow symbol means that this is the KPI. it contains three fields.

Imported KPIs are best used in standard visualization types, such as the Table type. Power BI also includes the KPI visualization type, which should only be used to create new KPIs.

vtangjiemsft_0-1698050962957.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Neeko,

Thanks for the post.  It is expanding my knowledge.

I still cannot see the definitions of Value, Goal, and Status.

I figured out Value and Goal simply be adding them to a table, adding measure to the table, and comparing Value and Goal to measures.  I cannot find a way to show the definition of Goal.  I am fairly sure it is some sort of DAX, but where is the definition?

Thanks for the post.

James

Hi @jafrick100 ,

It is not directly viewable on Power BI Desktop, you can use an external tool, Tabular Editor, to view it.

vtangjiemsft_0-1698138558679.png

vtangjiemsft_1-1698138656000.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

jafrick100
Regular Visitor

In the initial post I wrote, "... in the Flag table, there is a group called "Actual/Plan"...".

That should read, "... in the Fact table, there is a group called "Actual/Plan"..."

jafrick100
Regular Visitor

Here is a screenshot of the Fact table and the measures I am talking about.  By the way, what is the crooked arrow icon to the left of the words Actual/Plan?

Fact Table - Status MeasureFact Table - Status Measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.