Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparing two values in two visual

Currently I have two different matrix one which has current month data and one with previous month data (the months r not actual month dates but business month date logic attached as image). I want to subtract current collection and previous collection (Sum of total amount from collection table) and show it in a third matrix  or in first or second matrix (eg :26th monday value from first matrix - 29th Monday value from second matrix this is needed for each row in the visuals(Basically like  a cell to cell subtraction in excel like A4-B4). A simple measure with Current collection - Previous collection is not working because of how the model is . Have attached some reference images . I am quite new to power BI and might be missing something obvious so any suggestion is welcome.

PowerBI_1.PNG

PowerBI_2.PNG

Akhil410_0-1620714477716.pngAkhil410_1-1620714525678.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to do this calculation using the given measure hope it helps out someone in the future 

Akhil410_0-1620811287020.png

Please note I added this measure into the Current Month matrix and the measure calculation  is based on that .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to do this calculation using the given measure hope it helps out someone in the future 

Akhil410_0-1620811287020.png

Please note I added this measure into the Current Month matrix and the measure calculation  is based on that .

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Usually in such cases either on the period start date or with YYYYPP we create a rank and try to create this month vs last month

With a separate year period table say Date

new column

Period Rank = RANKX(all('Period'),'Period'[year period],,ASC,Dense)

measures

This Period = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Period'),'Period'[Period Rank]=max('Period'[Period Rank])))
Last Period = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Period'),'Period'[Period Rank]=max('Period'[Period Rank])-1))

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Thank you for your response . I already have index columns created in current month and prev month table(both are of 2021) using RANKX function can that be used somehow as index 1 in both the tables are the ones to be compared(similary each index) . Also could you  plz provide some more insight on this year table concept I couldnt quite grasp it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.