Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ggipson
Frequent Visitor

Comparing Scenarios in a Waterfall

I would like to have a waterfall that is able to use a switch in order to be dynamic with different scenarios that my end user would like to see.

I am new to this visual and am having issues getting it to show anything that I want besides a CY to PY bridge. I have attached a sample of what my data looks like and a couple examples of what waterfalls I would need. 

Any help with the basics is welcome. I specifically cannot seem to get to the CY vs Budget view attached. I probabyl need to nail that down first, and then add in switches.

DateVersionAccountAmount
1/1/2017ActualCOGS-75
1/1/2017ActualSales90
1/1/2018ActualCOGS-82
1/1/2018ActualSales100
1/1/2018BudgetCOGS-79
1/1/2018BudgetSales95
1/1/2018ForecastCOGS-80
1/1/2018ForecastSales97

CY v PY Sample

CY v Budget Sample

3 REPLIES 3
ggipson
Frequent Visitor

Here are the samlpes of what I am trying to create from the sample data

CY v PY.JPGCY v Budge.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow this video and you will be good as far as dynamic measures are concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYbGNeYD4OY

Let me know if this doesnt solve your problem. 

Thank you for the response. I am familiar with using switch functions from a table. This works in making the values dynamic in other visuals, but the waterfall visual seems to be more limited in what you can show. I first need to solve my initial issue of not being able to get to the CY v Budget view at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.