Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PavBidani
Helper II
Helper II

Compare a week data to prior week's data - Week data may be less than 7 days, so need to compare les

Hello All,

I am trying to compare Compare a week data to prior week's data - Week data may be less than 7 days, so need to compare the same number of days.  

Data has 4 days in week 23.  

PavBidani_1-1696949555271.png

Need to compare to the first 4 days in week 22

Getting the following error on my Max Week Day

PavBidani_2-1696949728447.png

PavBidani_0-1696949301347.png

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Open to other ways to do it.

Thanks,

Pav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Data-estDog
Resolver II
Resolver II

I typically add columns to the date dimension YearsFromToday, MonthsFromToday, DaysFromToday, etc. 

Negative is in the past, 0 is the current, positive is the future.

I have access to the DB views, but you can do this in Transform as well. See example, you could also have a "WeeksFromToday"

DataestDog_0-1696950606967.png

DataestDog_1-1696950868042.png

Then your DAX becomes stupid simple, to use your example:
Sale Count Week 1 = Calculate(Sale_count, DaysFromToday > -7 && DaysFromToday <= 0)
Sale Count Week 2 = Calculate(Sale_count, DaysFromToday > -14 && DaysFromToday <= -7)

Or better yet, leave sale count as it is and just apply a filter to the KPI or visual (unless you want to combine different weeks on different lines or etc on the same viz) Then you don't need a new measure for every week.
example: 

DataestDog_2-1696951371363.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PavBidani
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks

Data-estDog
Resolver II
Resolver II

I typically add columns to the date dimension YearsFromToday, MonthsFromToday, DaysFromToday, etc. 

Negative is in the past, 0 is the current, positive is the future.

I have access to the DB views, but you can do this in Transform as well. See example, you could also have a "WeeksFromToday"

DataestDog_0-1696950606967.png

DataestDog_1-1696950868042.png

Then your DAX becomes stupid simple, to use your example:
Sale Count Week 1 = Calculate(Sale_count, DaysFromToday > -7 && DaysFromToday <= 0)
Sale Count Week 2 = Calculate(Sale_count, DaysFromToday > -14 && DaysFromToday <= -7)

Or better yet, leave sale count as it is and just apply a filter to the KPI or visual (unless you want to combine different weeks on different lines or etc on the same viz) Then you don't need a new measure for every week.
example: 

DataestDog_2-1696951371363.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.