Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Richard_Halsall
Helper III
Helper III

Compare Historical/Changed data

Hi, I am looking for advice

I have 3 tables:

DimOpportunity - containing sales opportunities

FactRevenue - containing current expected revenues against the opportunity on a monthly basis

OpportunityFieldHistory - containing dates, stage status and probability percentage

An opportunity goes through 5 stages over its date range with a different probability percentage at each stage. Total opportunity revenue is calculated by the sum of revenues multiplied by the stage percentage, the model looks as below:

comparehistorical.PNG

I am trying to calculate things all based on relative date selection, opportunity total revenue (calculated as sum of revenue * stage probability) and stage these include:

New opportunities in the last 7 days and their total revenue value i.e. changetype = 'created'- completed

Opportunitiesin the last 7 days cancelled and their total revenue value  i.e. changetype = 'cancelled'- completed

Opportunities and their total revenue value where there has been no change in their stage in the last 7 days i.e. changetype today equals changetype 7 days ago so value is exactly the same now as it was 7 days ago- stuck

Opportunities and their total revenue value where there has been a change in their stage in the last 7 days i.e. changetype today does not equal changetype 7 days ago so value will be different now as it was 7 days ago- stuck

As a further complication an opportunity may 'pass' through multiple stages in a time period so need to only look at the latest stage.

7 days could be 14 days could be 30 days etc

Any help much appreciated, thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Richard_Halsall 

Could you please show us some sample data and expected results with OneDrive for business? Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Thanks.

Best Regards

Allan

Hi Allan

I have attached a data file (excel) with sample data from the 3 main tables plus a results tab. If further clarification is required please let me know.

Many thanks

Richard

Data File 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.