Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chris123456781

Commercial Real Estate Financial Model

I'm looking to build a very simplistic financial model for commercial real estate in Power BI, with the goal of end users being able to manipulate simple inputs to see the effect of net operating income (synonymous with net income or the bottom line).

For example, if NOI = Revenue - Vacancy - Expenses, I'd like for users to be able to adjust base case assumptions (Revenue, vacancy, expenses, etc.) to see the change in NOI.

Would anyone know of a tutorial similar to the attached youtube link for help? I'm unsure how to "Google it." The tutorial cuts off just before he shows you how to build it out from scratch in Power BI. I'd want to build something similar to the attached screenshot. I understand excel is more powerful for financial modeling but I just want to get something high level for our clients to play around with and utilize the visual prowess of Power BI. Thanks to anyone for assitance.

chris123456781_0-1698606356134.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwPBMJeY7Og

1 REPLY 1
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@chris123456781,

You could try numeric range parameters (formerly what-if parameters). They allow users to specify inputs that are used in measures.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-what-if 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.