Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lesveilleurs
Frequent Visitor

Combo chart - Benchmark Line and value Bars to Power BI Visuals

Hi, I'd like to copy the Excel combo chart into Power BI with a Benchmark Line and value Bars, as follows:

However, I'm not able to find a way to include all products.

I want to show the following:

• USA value Bars in gray color (always shown)
  • Benchmark Lines for ETF and EQST in two different lines (always shown)
  • Lines for ABC and DEF (ideally, should create another slicer to control if the user would like to see all or just one of them).

Currently, the line and stacked column chart function can only show one value at a time.

Unfortunately, all my products, Benchmark Line, and recession bars are under the same table and column (e.g., ETF, EQST, ABC, DEF, etc...).

Do you have any ideas on how to make it happen?

Thanks in advance!

(combo charts in Excel)

Screenshot 2024-03-31 173155.png

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This looks like it can be done in Deneb.  Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Dear lbendlin,

Thank you for your previous suggestion. I must apologize as 'Deneb' is too advanced for me.

I tried googling it but still don't know how to use it. Therefore, I am still seeking your guidance and help."

I've created a sample dataset in PBIX, and I hope the information is clear.

I've also attached 2 Excel files:

(1) Raw data used for the sample

(2) Reference chart for how the final chart should look like.

Sample Data 

Thank you very much in advance.

How should I interpret the USA data?

lbendlin_0-1713397725443.png

We add the USA number as a secondary column in Excel to represent the period. Therefore, we enter "1" only to highlight the Y-axis from the minimum to the maximum number.

The actual numbers can be found through USA gdp-growth-rate 

In power bi, [USA] number should be the grey colum bar in line chart

• Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.