Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ravimerugu
Frequent Visitor

Combo Chart with multiple Lines and one Column

I know this was asked last year here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Combo-Chart-with-multiple-Lines-and-one-Column-instead-of/m...

I am hoping Power BI has evolved since then and maybe we have a better solution. I too have similar need as the one posted in the above link. Proposed solution to create measures for each line chart and dropping them in the Line Values may work if the number of line charts required is a known number. I have to display the line charts based on Feature attributes selected from a slicer. I have two slicers, one for selecting a feature and the second which provides the list of attributes. My combo chart would look something like in the image below. It has line charts for each attribute and the bar is for all the availble attrbutes combined for the selected feature. Is there a way to create this chart?

Combo Chart example.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ravimerugu,

I don't think there is a better solution in Power BI currently. I would suggest you add it as an idea on Power BI Ideas forum to improve Power BI on this feature.

Proposed solution to create measures for each line chart and dropping them in the Line Values may work if the number of line charts required is a known number. I have to display the line charts based on Feature attributes selected from a slicer

You can just create measures for each possible Feature Attributes, and put all of them on Line values field on the combo chart. If a Feature Attribute is not selected from the Slicer, it won't be displayed on the combo chart. Smiley Happy 

Regards

Thanks v-ljerr-msft. Creating multiple measures is not an option for me since there are a lot of attributes. I submitted the idea for a combo chart with multiple line charts anda column chart here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32550865-combo-chart-with-multipl....

I request the readers of this post to vote if they find it useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.