Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pragadeesh
Frequent Visitor

Combining multiple date fields into a single slicer

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have multiple date fields such as engagement start date, end date, opportunity start date and end date.

I would have to combine all the four date fields into a single dropdown where only the selected date slicer should be displayed.

For eg. When I select the engagement start date from the dropdown, I will have to see the date slicer only for that particualar selection and when I change the selection to another date field from the dropdown, I will have to see the date slicer for that corresponding field and so on.

Any suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Pragadeesh
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Wilson_ , Unfortunately, I cannot use bookmarks in my scenario since I have to combine the date fields into a single dropdown. As and when I select a particular date field from the dropdown the corresponding date slicer must be displayed.

Any suggestion as to how we can achieve this?

Pragadeesh,

You can use bookmarks to switch out the date slicer being displayed. Check this sample file I put together. Let me know if that doesn't work for your needs.

----------------------------------
If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it quickly. Also, don't forget to hit that thumbs up and subscribe! (Oh, uh, wrong platform?)

Wilson_
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Pragadeesh,

You might look into setting up bookmarks on buttons that let you swap out slicers for the four date fields (ie: hide all the slicers and show only the one slicer you want). If you think that sounds feasible and aren't sure how to do that, I'm happy to elaborate.

----------------------------------
If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it quickly. Also, don't forget to hit that thumbs up and subscribe! (Oh, uh, wrong platform?)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.