Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

_Xandyr_
Helper II
Helper II

Combine multiple sheets, columns and rows into a data list

Hello,

Im not sure this is doable in Power BI, however I give it a try. I have createad an cost report for our different locations (25-30 locations) and each location have their one cost report. What I have is column A-M, A = accounts and B-M = months. I need to get a big data list from this, what you can see to the right, column O-Q. With all accounts, all months and from multiple sheets (all our locations from multiple excel sheets).

Is it possible to create something like this in Power BI? In the end I will use the data list in a Power BI report showing cost, both per location and consolidated. 

Capture.png

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@_Xandyr_ 

Such requirements are just hard to understand clearly with description. It looks doable with some data shaping, like unpivot, relate tables, etc. It is not simple because the model needs to be rebuilded, try provide a short sample pbix includes the multiple excels, and also provide a expect output to that sample.

Regards
Paul

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.