Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MKiama

Columns

Hello All, Tried to fine Q&A but cant find it so apologies for posting this here

i have this problem in Power bi, i need to Multiply two columns but i cant figure out how I need The column with numbers to be multiplied by a dynamic value eg create a new column and have maybe duo 195 mulitplied by 1000 so i get 68,000, duo 280 by 2000 to get 560,000 and so on

Please Help!

Screenshot 2018-08-03 15.58.47.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MKiama,

You need to create a new table and build the relationship with table Estimates based on Payment Plan field. For example, assume sample data below: 

q3.PNGq4.PNG

q5.PNG

Then create a calculated column below in the new table: 

Column = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Payment Plan]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Payment Plan]=EARLIER(Table2[Payment Plan])))*Table2[MultiplyCol]

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MKiama,

You need to create a new table and build the relationship with table Estimates based on Payment Plan field. For example, assume sample data below: 

q3.PNGq4.PNG

q5.PNG

Then create a calculated column below in the new table: 

Column = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Payment Plan]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Payment Plan]=EARLIER(Table2[Payment Plan])))*Table2[MultiplyCol]

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure whether I get your question correctly.

You can create a calculated column will do , as shown below.

New_Column = Count_Measure* Col_numeric

Pls let me know if you want something else.

Thanks
Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.