Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vishy86
Post Patron
Post Patron

Column needed as filter for one report and not for another

Hi,

I have 2 reports both pointing to the same dataset created in Power BI and hence are part of the same pbix file.

There is a column needed as filter for one of the reports and not for another. Also, since the reports have multiple versions, I have added the column to the Report level filter instead of Page level filter so that the navigation from one version to another carries over the filters as well.

The issue now is that user wants the column as filter only for 1 report and not for the other one.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Vishy

4 REPLIES 4
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vishy86 ,

You can try to use sync slicers instead of the filter, then you can choose which page to display or apply the corresponding slicer:

21.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Joey,

There are around 20-25 filters needed by the end user due to which I did not use the slicer as they would occupy lot of space in the report layout.

Hence, I used report level filters and used a current selection multi-card at the top to highlight the filters selected.

If there is any other way to adjust in the report level pane, it would be great.

Thanks,

Vishy

adityavighne
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@vishy86 

Just hide the filters where you don't want to give the user that functioning at the page level. same you can do with report level 

regards,

Aditya Vighne

Hi Aditya,

How do I hide? Is it a feature in the latest version? I do not see any option to hide filters in report level pane.

Also, if I hide a filter in report level pane, it will be hidden for the entire report which is not what is needed.

Please correct me if I didn't understand your trick.

Thanks,

Vishy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.