Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Column Chart value formatting problem

Ok mentioned this before and thought it was due to tabular editor but it was not.

Now using Field Parameters to switch between absolute values and percentage views.

On auto format my absolutes look like this :

rpinxt_0-1664268194695.png

I do not want this, I want to show like 153K instead of 0,15M (why is it even showing milions if even the entire column is not even close to 1 M ???!!)

So switched the labels to shows as thousand. Problem solved you would say...however....my % view now looked like:

rpinxt_1-1664268330481.png

So whats this?? and why? The tooltip nicely shows 21,96% but the chart shows 0,02K% (what is even that K doing there???)

🤔😖

Anybody that knows how to fix this anoying occurence?

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rpinxt ,

According to your description, you can implement custom units by creating measures to be displayed in tooltip. Refer to the following

vhenrykmstf_0-1664333885580.png

Amount_unitsr = 
Var TotalSale = sum(FactInternetSales[SalesAmount])
Var FinalSale = DIVIDE(TotalSale, 1000)
Var decimals = "0.0"
RETURN
FORMAT ( FinalSale, decimals & "K" )

vhenrykmstf_1-1664334505719.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1664334552923.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-henryk-mstf but cannot have the correct format in tooltips.

They need to be on the labels.

I cannot ask my user to hover over the column if they want to know the amounts or percentages.

The label needs to show the measure in thousands when absolute is selected and percentages when % is selected.

(Ps. the picture with the tooltip is only there to show that there the format is correct but the label does not present the same value)

rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Maybe nobody else has these problems?

Could it be because of the setup of my model/sources that the value formatting behaves this strange?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.