Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

purpleline18
Frequent Visitor

Gantt Chart with multiple stages & Dates (multiple Start and End dates)

Hi,

Im quite new to PowerBI ,

and I actually have use case which is pretty similar with solution given within this thread https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gantt-Chart-with-different-stages/m-p/1232712#M546350  .

However, there are some points which im not sure how to handle it.

1. How to keep value "NA" and blank within the date table. As this is to be kept for indication that particular stage is not available in the project.

2. How to display overlapped dates between stages, in the colored column.

Below is snap shot of my data sample.

purpleline18_1-1657022785332.png

Below is expected result : (still not sure how to show the overlapped dates for stages).

purpleline18_2-1657022814647.png

anybody could help advise?

2 REPLIES 2
ahjamil
Frequent Visitor

Hi purpleline18,
Did you get a solution for this problem, I am struggling with something like this and looking for options.

Hei_aQing
Helper I
Helper I

hi @purpleline18 

1. Each field can only have one data format, which means that columns with "NA" can only be in text format. This can make calculations difficult.

2. Existing tables seem to struggle with issues like overlapping dates, try unpivoting some columns etc, or check custom visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.