Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RWRW
Helper III
Helper III

Clean previous selection from slicer

Hi,

This is the table I have

RWRW_2-1715151965734.png

I have two slicers, both single selection , equipment and year. The equipment slicer is interacting with year but not reverse so what I want do it is the following:

When I choose one equipment from equipment slicer,  in the year slicer should only be loaded the ones belong to the equipment not others. Once I choose the year too it will display only the equipment and year selected. 

RWRW_0-1715151633966.png

What it's happening now, When I choose equipment B, the year slicer displays the previous filter selected which not belong to the current equipment and the years belong to the equipment B which is correct.

RWRW_1-1715151764323.png

* one case could happen is: The user chooses Equipment A and then Year 2022, then user chooses Equipment B but the year filter is already 2022 which exist in this Equipment B so in this case we should keep it so the rule is when the previous year selected exist when the user chooses another equipment is ok.

I'm wondering if there is any way that When I choose any equipment, reset all the filters in Year slicer and load the new ones depending on the equipment selected without no selection in the year slicer since the user doesn't click on it yet.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ddpl
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@RWRW please go through below videos this help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvI5ATTks4

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
manvishah17
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @RWRW ,

I tried your query by creating sample data , its working like if i select a equipment, year get filter or vice versa . but if you want to clear the selection on any of slicer, you need to do clear all slicers.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!
Screenshot 2024-05-08 141519.png
Screenshot 2024-05-08 141653.png

ddpl
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@RWRW please go through below videos this help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvI5ATTks4

Thanks a lot, really appreciated your answer. Now I can do what I wanted. 

Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.