Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mohassan99
Helper II
Helper II

Chart - Clustered Column and line

I have this clustered column & line chart.

I want two values on the horizontal axis, but there's one.I want two values on the horizontal axis, but there's one.

The issue with it is clearer, even to me, when I show it as a table.

If show as table there's only one row. I think there should be two..If show as table there's only one row. I think there should be two..

This is how it looks as a table:

Table view.Table view.

What I think I want/need is 2020 in one row and 2021 in another.

The bottom line is the question is how to I reorganize the data so that it is in two rows with 2020 in one row and 2021 in the other? 

The reason I want them in two rows is because I want 2020 and 2021 to be all I have on the x axis. I want "Earnings" and "Potential Earnings" on the one vertical axis as a columns and "Percent of Potential Earned" on the other vertical as a line.

Data Model:

Each of these is from a different table. There are three one-way relationships between the tables. That’s …because each table’s primary key is a cluster of these 3 (ProviderID, AddressID, and IncentiveProgram)

Data Model.Data Model.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@mohassan99 

Is this what you are trying to acheive?

jsaunders_zero9_0-1651529247442.png

Couple of things, Is there any reason that you can't append the you two tables together, they look identical.

Here is a link to a file that I put together to show you what I mean - mohassan99_sample.pbix.

I would also suggest you looking into some basic data modelling concepts in Power BI, I re read your first question about your data model and three relationships - relationships don't work how you think they do.

Thank you

View solution in original post

I think I may have to append the tables in a query. Apparently a data relationship is not a join so, yeah, I wasn't sure what they were. 

Thank you,

Mo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jsaunders_zero9
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @mohassan99 

I would suggest introducing a calendar table and then summing your measures as totals, can you provide some dummy data and I can m show you how.
Thank you

Do you mean a date table? PowerBI says:

A date table is a table that meets the following requirements:

• It must have a column of data type date (or date/time)—known as the date column.
  • The date column must contain unique values. (Not the case.)
  • The date column must not contain BLANKs.
  • The date column must not have any missing dates.
  • The date column must span full years. A year isn't necessarily a calendar year (January-December).
  • The date table must be marked as a date table.

The data looks like:

Query/Data Source 1

YearProviderValue1

Query/Data Source 1

YearProviderValue1

@mohassan99 

Is this what you are trying to acheive?

jsaunders_zero9_0-1651529247442.png

Couple of things, Is there any reason that you can't append the you two tables together, they look identical.

Here is a link to a file that I put together to show you what I mean - mohassan99_sample.pbix.

I would also suggest you looking into some basic data modelling concepts in Power BI, I re read your first question about your data model and three relationships - relationships don't work how you think they do.

Thank you

I think I may have to append the tables in a query. Apparently a data relationship is not a join so, yeah, I wasn't sure what they were. 

Thank you,

Mo

Spot on mate, best to append those in PQ before bringing into PBI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.