Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TSarki

Changing Slicer values names with Dynamic M Parameters and Direct Query!

Hi All,  

I’m currently using a Slicer which is bond to a parameter. When the parameter is changed it recalls a query with the newly bond parameter as a variable within my MS SQL statement. 

The problem however is that I want to change the value of the names in the slicer to values which are understood by our costumer. Rather than the value which is understood by our MS SQL database. 

How can I do this?   

The Slicer: 

TSarki_0-1694434373679.png

The Table: The ‘’A’’ column has values understood by our database and ‘B” column has values understood by our costumer. So, I want the second column (‘’B’’) value to be shown in the slicer. But the parameter value to be used in the query.

TSarki_1-1694434409551.png

The Query:  

TSarki_2-1694434424807.png

There are no table relationships that are noteworthy. So far I’ve tried, perhaps with poor implementation; 

• Cascading Parameters
  • Table Mapping
  • Changing the parameter in the SQL statement itself (this does not seem possible)  

I would appreciate any help solving this.  

Thanks a bunch, 

Tim

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.