Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Toftaf
Frequent Visitor

Change group source column

Hello,

I created a group from a source column and I'd like to know if there is a way to change the source column of my group.

Example:

Source ASource BGroup
AA 
BA 
CB 
AB 
BC 
CC 
AA 
BA 
AB 

My Group column grouping is originally based on column A.

I'd like to modify my Group column source so it becomes based on column B.

The reason is because my Group column is used in dozens of tables and graphs, in a dozen of pages. And if I create a new Group colunm based on column B I will have to manually modify all the tables and graphs already created !

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Toftaf.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Toftaf 

After my testing, PowerBI does not currently support changing this Field. But I think your idea makes sense and you can submit an idea for it at: Home (microsoft.com) and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Hopefully this will be possible in a future release.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Toftaf 

I'm not following what you mean.  WHat is a 'Group Column'?  How do you use this with your data?

Please provide example sof what you have now and what you want as a result.

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello Philip,

Thanks for your answer.

I created the example below to try to give a better understanding.

Basically the question is: Is it possible somehow to change the "Field" of a group after the group is done ?

Change groups source column.png

Hi @Toftaf 

After my testing, PowerBI does not currently support changing this Field. But I think your idea makes sense and you can submit an idea for it at: Home (microsoft.com) and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Hopefully this will be possible in a future release.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.