Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JHammer
Frequent Visitor

Change decimal places in Visualisation by slicer selection

Hi

I am using the one Value column which have to different types of numbers (whole numbers and decimal numbers). I want to my only visualization change showing value decimal places by slicer selection -> type of number( whole number = no decimals showing and decimal number = 2 decimals showing). Is this possible?

Image of Value column:

https://imgur.com/a/btFUCaq

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@JHammer 
You try it following my steps as below:
Step 1:
Add a table included type column  'whole numbers' and 'decimal numbers
Step 2:
Add a measure :
Measure =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Table1[Type] ) = "whole numbers",
    FORMAT ( INT ( MIN ( Table3[Values] ) ), "###" ),
    IF (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( Table1[Type] ) = "decimal numbers",
        ROUND ( MIN ( Table3[Values] ), 2 ),
        MIN ( Table3[Values] )
    )
)
Result :
1.PNG2.PNG

and here is the Demo ,please try it

Best Regards,
Lin
Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks! That's nice, but I need to change Clustered column chart > Data Labels > Value decimal places: based on slicer selection (whole numbers = value decimal places: 0 and decimal numbers = value decimal places: 2. Is that possible?

All my values are in same column and I dont want to use Bookmarks with two different Clurestered column charts, because that's not working because I have to add buttons to change bookmarks and other slicer selections not sync to another Bookmark.

Hi@ JHammer

After my research, Im afraid we cant change it for now,

you could post your new idea in Power BI  ideas  and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.