Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change Report Selection on Time Intervals

Hello Experts,

We have a Power BI report which works for multiple students. Lets say a Progress report of a student where you have student Name or ID as the filter.

On selection of different Student ID/Name, the report shows the data for the specific individual.

We want this report to be shared on a TV display wherein every 5 minutes, the data for different student should be displayed. 

The report has two datasets:

1. Master Data for Students - Sourced from Cube using an MDX query import option.

2. Marks data for students - Sourced from SQL Server Database using Import option.

I am stuck in the question of switching the filter selection or changing power bi parameter at time intervals

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you try the custom visual "Play Axis". You can get it from the "From Marketplace".

Change_Report_Selection_on_Time_Intervals

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you try the custom visual "Play Axis". You can get it from the "From Marketplace".

Change_Report_Selection_on_Time_Intervals

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dale: This serves the purpose. Thanks a lot 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.