Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattyj2009
Helper II
Helper II

Center table inside of container

I was wondering if it is possible to center a table inside of its container? 

Example Report

In the image above I would like to have the table centered with the guage above it.  However I'm not finding an option to actually center the table itself.  Since some of the statuses can get long I have to have the container wider so scroll bars aren't appearing since we do have this report showing on a TV. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattyj2009 ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet currently. You can come up a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

BTW, why not moving the visual to work around?

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Bosu
Frequent Visitor

This is not solved. Tables that change shape depending on data really need this feature.

rnav

You can increase the padding in General Properties and that is the most you can do to center it to a container. It won't be exact but it will look better than being in the top corner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet another Powerbi solution that isn't an actual solution. There are too many items in this forum marked as "Solved" that aren't actually solved. 

This is very true

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattyj2009 ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet currently. You can come up a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

BTW, why not moving the visual to work around?

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks for looking.

Moving the visual around doesn't work because of the Agent Status.  We have some longer Agent Statuses and when we get one of those it will show scroll bars to move left and right.  Because this is showing on a TV a person is unable to actually take a mouse and move left and right to see what the full status is.  They would see the agent status cut off.  Also I have quite a few other visuals on the page that isn't shown so making the table bigger, smaller, or moving around isn't really an option.  If it were centered inside of that container then it wouldn't look so strange sitting under the guage on the left side. 

GunnerJ
Post Patron
Post Patron

I'm not sure if this is possible unless the visual specifically allows for text to be placed within it. Otherwise you may try enlarging the gauge and simply stacking the table over it and see if it looks acceptable. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.