Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SevsBo
Helper III
Helper III

Carry over Page View settings from Desktop report to published report?

I have recently started using non-standard canvas sizes for my reports, which means they are longer than they are wider. This caused an issue with displaying the reports online as the default setting for Page View is "Fit to Page".

Changing that setting to "Fit to width" or "Actual size" resolves that problem, but I have to set it by editing the online version of the report. Selecting those options on the desktop report and uploading it does not carry over the Page View settings.

I am concerned that this means I will have to re-set that setting on the online version every time I update the report or add new pages, so I am wondering if there is a way for the online report to keep the Page View setting from the Desktop version that is uploaded?

Or if there is another way to make a blanket setting for the online report to use "Actual size" for Page View?

1 REPLY 1
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SevsBo ,

Currently, when you publish a report from Power BI Desktop to the Power BI Service, the default Page View setting in the Power BI Service is "Fit to Page". This setting is designed to ensure that reports are displayed optimally across various screen sizes and aspect ratios. Unfortunately, specific Page View settings like "Fit to Width" or "Actual Size" selected in Power BI Desktop do not automatically carry over to the Power BI Service upon publishing.

To address your concern, there isn't a direct method to set a default Page View for all online reports globally or to ensure the Page View setting from Desktop persists in the online version. However, you can manually adjust the Page View setting in the Power BI Service after publishing. While this might not be the ideal solution, it allows you to control how your report is displayed to end-users.

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.