Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atacuboy
Frequent Visitor

Cardinality Direction Reversed - December 2020

Hi,

Wondering if any of you encountered this issue - the cardinality directions in my file were reversed - for example, one-to-many became many-to-one, even though the model arrow direction shows the correct cardinality (one-to-many).  I encountered this just last month.  I did not do anything to change the file, it's just that when I opened it, the relationships were all messed up.

I tried editing the direction (from, to), but it's not accepting my changes.  It just reverts back to the incorrect direction.

Now I cannot refresh my reference table because the original setup was one-to-many, so since it's locked to many-to-one, I am encountering the error related to duplicate values not being applicable.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@atacuboy , Just check for blank value or non unique value on one side. If it flipped, then there should be some reason .

In this video, it happened, when I had the wrong data - https://youtu.be/MPYfEetvFH4?t=361

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@atacuboy , Just check for blank value or non unique value on one side. If it flipped, then there should be some reason .

In this video, it happened, when I had the wrong data - https://youtu.be/MPYfEetvFH4?t=361

Thanks for the response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.