Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Nari1998
Helper II
Helper II

Card visual not showing selected value

Hi,

I have a power bi desktop file that contains reports with visuals. On page A there is a bar chart visual that is clicked on of division to drillthrough and bring to additional information on page B. On page B all tables and pie chart function well apart from the card visual that uses a measure to show the name of the selected division. What are the possible causes and fixes for this?

The measure i used is: 

Selected Division = SELECTEDVALUE('REPORTS DIM_DIVISION_PROJECT_BEU'[DIVISION],"No division selected")
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nari1998 ,

There could be several possible causes and fixes for this problem.
Check the filters on page B: Make sure that the division column is listed in the filters on page B. Sometimes, hidden filters can affect the card visual’s functionality. You can also try to clear all filters and slicers on page B and see if the card visual works as expected.

Use a different measure: You can try to use a different measure to display the selected value on the card visual. For example, you can use MAX instead of SELECTEDVALUE. The measure would look like this:

Selected Division = MAX(‘REPORTS DIM_DIVISION_PROJECT_BEU’[DIVISION])

Use conditional formatting: You can use conditional formatting to show or hide the card visual based on the selection in the slicer. You can create a measure to check if there is a filter on the division column and display a custom value or blank when nothing is selected. You can also create another measure to render the card visual blank when nothing is selected. 

Solved: Show custom value on card visualization when nothi... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Show or Hide a Power BI Visual Based on Selection - Excelerator BI

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Nari1998
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft  and @Data-estDog ,

Hope you're well.

After sitting with the visual for a while now it does do the drillthrough and show selected division on the card visual on page B, but only when there is no year selected in the year slicer and on all years except for the year 2023. 

Even if i just filter on janaury till march of 2023 the drillthrough it does the drillthrough but doesn't show selected divsion on which the drillthrough was done.

What could the cause of this be and how to fix iT?

Maybe it is a new division and doesn't exist in the other years?

Hi @Data-estDog 

But even if that was the case, then atleast the old divisions woul've showed right?

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nari1998 ,

There could be several possible causes and fixes for this problem.
Check the filters on page B: Make sure that the division column is listed in the filters on page B. Sometimes, hidden filters can affect the card visual’s functionality. You can also try to clear all filters and slicers on page B and see if the card visual works as expected.

Use a different measure: You can try to use a different measure to display the selected value on the card visual. For example, you can use MAX instead of SELECTEDVALUE. The measure would look like this:

Selected Division = MAX(‘REPORTS DIM_DIVISION_PROJECT_BEU’[DIVISION])

Use conditional formatting: You can use conditional formatting to show or hide the card visual based on the selection in the slicer. You can create a measure to check if there is a filter on the division column and display a custom value or blank when nothing is selected. You can also create another measure to render the card visual blank when nothing is selected. 

Solved: Show custom value on card visualization when nothi... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Show or Hide a Power BI Visual Based on Selection - Excelerator BI

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft ,

thank you for the suggestions.

I tried the one of clearing all filters and then doing update in bookmarks and it worked after that.

Thanks for the help.

Nari1998
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Data-estDog ,

Do u mean the column of divison or the created measure for it?

But yes the column of division is placed there. And also strangely when drillthrough is done all other visuals and tables on Page B change accordingly, only the card visual with the created measure in it doesnt show any divison name, except for the text "no division selected"

I meant the column. 
I am perplexed. Without more info, screen shots of vizuals and their properties, not sure what I can do.

So i made a copy of the divsion bar chat to a blank page and also create the card visual on another blank page in order to do drillthough. The strange thing is that it works perfectly fine on the blank pages, so why is it not working on current page?

Click on the card and make note of any filters that may be limiting its functionality.

Data-estDog
Resolver II
Resolver II

Is division listed in the filters on page B? 

DataestDog_0-1698677940236.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.